hitter Billy Butler said

#1 by jinshuiqian0713 , Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:53 am

GLASGOW, Scotland - When Ariane Fortin missed out on the London Olympics, she took her frustration and heartbreak to the gym.And she worked, until strength replaced heartache and all the anger was gone. It took years.Now the 29-year-old, whose heated battle with Mary Spencer for a spot on the Olympic team was chronicled in the documentary Last Woman Standing, is gunning for gold at the Commonwealth Games.Those three years (from Olympic qualifying until now) were really hard, Ive got to say. For sure they were hard, Fortin said. But I feel like its shown me I have mental toughness that I didnt even know I have.I was not always strong and on top of things. Im really proud of what I went through because it really made me better and stronger.The St. Nicholas, Que., native will step into the ring Tuesday against Phathiswa Thingana of South Africa.Fortin and Spencer have been two of Canadas finest female boxers for years Fortin is a two-time world champion while Spencer has won three world titles.They were also great friends. So it was a bittersweet moment when the International Olympic Committee announced it was adding womens boxing to the schedule for the London Olympics, but only three of the eight weight classes would be contested.Fortin and Spencer were forced to move up to the same weight class 75 kilos and the friends became fierce foes.Spencer beat Fortin for the spot on the Olympic team, and was touted as one of Canadas gold-medal favourites in London. But once there, she lost her first bout and was eliminated.Fortin lost her Own The Podium funding. There are shots of a forlorn Fortin working out alone in her Quebec gym in Last Woman Standing.Months went by before she could bring herself to watch footage of boxers in her weight class competing in London.I dont remember when it was but it was a few months after that I sat in my living room and watched the whole thing, Fortin said. It was kind of emotional, intense. But I needed to do that, and now its past me. I really feel like its past me.Its been really hard but I feel like Ive gained a lot from it, and now Im really in a positive mood.Without a spot on the national team, though, the few fights Fortin has had over the last three years shes arranged herself.Then Fortin defeated Spencer twice to earn a spot on the Commonwealth Games team. Her confidence grew at a recent international tournament in Poland, where she won three of her four fights.I didnt know where I was internationally, what level, Fortin said. And this tournament, it really gave me confidence, it really showed me that I was at that level, and those three years that we spent at home, we didnt just spend them waiting for nationals. We really trained hard and really believed that we could beat Mary. Its funny but Ive had some comments about my fights ... people who knew me before, and said, Wow youve improved a lot. Canadian coach Daniel Trepanier said hes seen the growth in Fortin, who arrived at the Games with just 15 losses in 130 bouts.For sure not making the Olympics in 2012, seeing Mary go to London, made her stronger, it gave her more will to go further, said Trepanier.He wasnt surprised the seven-time Canadian champion decided to stick at it, resetting her sights on Rio, rather than retiring.Its every athletes dream to go the Olympics, Trepanier said. And right now, shes in the drivers seat. Shes now one of the top athletes in the world.Fortin and Trepanier hope the IOC will eventually increase the number of womens weight classes at Olympics, but it wont happen before Rio.Thats what it is for now, Fortin said. Marys still boxing. Of course Im going to face her again at nationals. Nationals is going to be a hard tournament in 2015.I know its not going to be given to me. Now that Ive passed the national level, now Ive beaten Mary ... Ive still got to work. This is just the beginning and I have to be very conscious of that.Mandy Bujold is Canadas other female boxer in Glasgow. The world champion from Toronto, who boxes in the 51-kilo division, is scheduled to fight Wednesday.Womens boxing made its Pan American Games debut three years ago in Guadalajara, Mexico. Spencer and Bujold both won gold there. Air Max 270 Prezzo Basso . - Whether its because of her improved play or the reason for it, Michelle Wie appears as comfortable on and off the golf course as at any time in her career. Scarpe Basket Paul George . The D-Backs came into being in 1998 and appear destined to finish second in the AL West after the Tsunami that is the Los Angeles Dodgers swept over them. I thought it might be interesting to see what the D-backs have done over their 16 years compared to what the Blue Jays have done over their past 16 campaigns. http://www.airmaxshoponlineitalia.it/sco...-tn-outlet.html. Dragic was a game-time decision because of a sore right ankle that had kept him out of Wednesdays loss at Utah, but played all but the last 10 seconds of the second half in the first 40-point game for a Phoenix player since Amare Stoudemires 44 on March 19, 2010. Air Max 270 Scontate .The team had a meeting prior to facing Russia at the world junior hockey championship and got the effort theyve been looking for by defeating the Russians 4-1 to advance to the quarter-finals. Scarpe Paul George Italia . -- Jake Peavy arrived at Bostons spring training complex on Monday with a large white bandage covering his left index finger, the result of a weekend accident. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Royals shook up their coaching staff Thursday in an attempt to jumpstart their failing offence, making Dale Sveum the hitting coach and Mike Jirschele their third base coach. Pedro Grifol, who took over as hitting coach last season, will now instruct catchers. The moves were announced after the Royals finished off a disastrous homestand that included a sweep at the hands of Houston, and before they opened a four-game series in Toronto. Sveum said the Royals havent done a good enough job this season of hitting pitches in the upper half of the strike zone. "The bottom line is weve struggled with elevation and weve swung at pitches down in the zone probably way too much," he said. "From thigh high to the top of the strike zone, were not doing enough damage." The Royals began the day last in the majors with 21 homers, putting them on pace to match the 1976 club for the fewest in franchise history for a non-strike-shortened season. Theyre also last in the American League in runs and slugging percentage. "There is not one man in the lineup thats hitting the ball well," Royals designated hitter Billy Butler said Wednesday. "Were just cold." Yost said "a different voice can make a difference," to struggling batters, but the Royals have heard plenty of voices about hitting: Sveum is Kansas Citys fifth hitting coach in lless than three seasons.dddddddddddd The Royals let go of Kevin Seitzer two years ago in the hope that somebody else would help the club generate more power. Seitzer was eventually hired by the Blue Jays, who currently lead the majors with 76 homers -- more than Kansas City is on pace for all season. Jack Maloof and Andre David were hired before last season, but they only made it a couple of months before they were reassigned within the franchise. It was at that point that the Royals hired Grifol and Hall of Famer George Brett on an interim basis. The Royals showed signs of life once that duo was in charge, slowly climbing into playoff contention. Grifol was given the job on a full-time basis after Brett stepped down in July, but lasted less than a year in the role. "Hes the one that pulled us out of our trouble last year," Yost said of Grifol Thursday. "A year later, we find ourselves in the exact same spot." Sveum, a former Brewers and Cubs manager, had been serving as the Royals third base coach. But he also has plenty of experience as a hitting coach, helping Milwaukee finish in the top three of the National League in homers in each of his three seasons. "Hes got experience, he studies hitting," Yost said. "Hes got a lot of knowledge. He helped Prince Fielder get, in my opinion, to the next level as an offensive performer." ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Date registered 09.10.2019

Its interesting that Anthopoulos
trying to open the

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor