Bostons 8-1 win over St. Louis

#1 by Cl11234566 , Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:18 am

ISTANBUL, Turkey -- South Korea beat Colombia in a penalty shootout at the Under-20 World Cup on Wednesday to join Ghana, Chile and Iraq in the quarterfinals. Having played out a 1-1 draw after extra time, Colombia was trailing 8-7 in the shootout when defender Daivy Balanta sent the last penalty over the crossbar. South Korea will now play Iraq, which needed extra time to beat Paraguay 1-0. Ghana and Chile will meet in the quarterfinals after both teams won their last-16 matches over 90 minutes earlier in the day. Ghana came from a goal down to beat Portugal 3-2 while two late goals earned the Chileans a 2-0 victory over Croatia. Balantas spot-kick wasnt the only one that failed to find the net. Earlier in the series, Song Ju-hun missed for South Korea while Felipe Aguilar saw his attempt saved by goalkeeper Lee Chang-geun. Song had given South Korea the lead in the 16th minute when he beat goalkeeper Cristian Bonilla with a low shot after the Colombia defence failed to clear from the area. Colombia pressed long for an equalizer and had to wait until the fourth minute of injury time before captain Juan Quintero scored with a fierce free kick that beat Lee at the near post. The penalty shootout soon became inevitable as neither side was willing to take any risks by pushing forward in extra time. It was different story in the other late game, though, after Iraq and Paraguay has finished 0-0 after 90 minutes, with the South Americans having been reduced to 10 men in the 80th. Iraq substitute Farhan Shakor scored the only goal with a firm header past goalkeeper Diego Morel in the fourth minute of extra time. Paraguay, which defeated Argentina in qualifying, was without suspended captain Gustavo Gomez. It also lost Arnaldo Sanabria, who was booked in the 70th and sent off after another foul 10 minutes later. Iraq continued a remarkable run in its first appearance in the tournament for 12 years. It won Group E, where it drew 2-2 with England, and will now play in the quarterfinals for the second time -- having also reached the last eight in 1989. Earlier, substitute Yiadom Boakye set up the equalizer and then scored a late winner as Ghana rallied to beat Portugal. Ghana was 2-1 down when Boakye came on the 75th. Four minutes later, Portugal goalkeeper Jose Sa saved his shot but allowed Michael Anaba to pounce on the rebound for the equalizer. Boakye then followed up by sending a free kick through the two-man wall in the 85th. Kennedy Ashia had put Ghana ahead with a 25-meter (yard) effort in the 19th minute. However, defenders Tiago Ferreira and Edgar both scored within the space of three minutes to put Portugal 2-1 up in the 73rd. Ghana was the last team to qualify for the knockout stage, after losing two group matches and narrowly advancing on goal difference following a 4-1 defeat of the United States. Portugal, the 2011 runner-up, had scored the most goals in the group stage but failed to convert two early chances. Aladje was left unmarked but sent his effort over the crossbar after 15 seconds while Bruma, who scored five times in three group matches, shot wide a minute later. Portugal dominated possession but ultimately paid the price for failing to make it count. Chile similarly controlled large parts of its match against Croatia, which has never gone beyond the round of 16, but created few chances. Nicolas Castillo finally broke the deadlock when he was set up by Sebastian Martinez and headed the ball backward over Croatia goalkeeper Oliver Zelenika in the 81st. Four minutes later, Croatia defender Jozo Simunovic sent a Christian Bravo cross past his own goalkeeper. Chile finished third in 2007 but failed to qualify for the next two editions. The other two quarterfinals are France vs. Uzbekistan and Uruguay vs. Spain. Daniel Vogelbach Mariners Jersey . The Gatineau Olympiques head coach will lead Canada in its quest to end its gold medal drought at the 2015 world junior hockey championship held in Montreal and Toronto at the end of this year. Seattle Mariners Store .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later. https://www.cheapmariners.com/2185k-dee-...y-mariners.html. on the 15-day disabled Monday list because of a strained right hamstring. Phillips Valdez Mariners Jersey .Y. - Peyton Manning made his fifth MVP award a family affair. Dave Valle Jersey . TSN 1290s coverage begins with Hustler & Lawless at 3pm. Rick Ralph hosts the Official Jets Pre-game Show at 5pm.FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Boston Red Sox right-hander Ryan Dempster plans to take this season off, a decision that surprised teammates and will cost the 16-year veteran $13.25 million in salary. Dempster said Sunday he is stepping away for physical reasons and to spend more time with his family. But he left a slight opening to play in 2015. "I had an incredible run, a chance to play 16 years in the major leagues and be around a lot of great teammates, made a lot of good friendships, great friendships," Dempster said one day before the first formal spring training workout for pitchers and catchers. "Im totally comfortable with it. Im at peace with my decision." Dempster, whose contract expires after this season, finished his only year with the Red Sox with an 8-9 record and a 4.57 ERA and didnt get a start during their post-season run to a World Series title. "The past few years have been tougher and tougher," he said. "As you get older, going through some things, some issues I have with my neck that have made it harder and harder to throw a baseball and throw it like Im accustomed to throw it" contributed to his decision. And, he said, "Ive got three amazing children that I want to watch grow up and be around." The Red Sox still have a solid veteran rotation with Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, John Lackey, Jake Peavy and Felix Doubront, and several promising young starters. If theyre seeking a veteran to add depth, they could consider right-handed free agents Ervin Santana and Ubaldo Jimenez. "I like the staff that we have," manager John Farrell said. Several teammates watched as Dempster made his announcement, including Lester, Buchholz, Lackey, Peavy, first baseman Mike Napoli, second baseman Dustin Pedroia, catcher David Ross and reliever Andrew Miller. "Everybody wants to soak in their last moments of being around him," Miller said. "Hes a great guy. He left quite his mark and will be remembered fondly around here." The decision, Miller said, "was a shock to everybody." Dempster said he spoke with the club a few weeks ago about taking the season off. And what about 2015? "I dont know yet," he said. "If something changes then, obviously, something changes, but I dont see that changing." Dempster pitched with the Florida Marlins, Cincinnati Reds, Chicago Cubs, Texas Rangers and Red Sox. He is 132--133 with a 4.dddddddddddd35 ERA and made the All-Star team in 2008 when he went 17-6 with a 2.96 ERA with the Cubs. He was Chicagos closer from 2005-07, totalling 85 saves. He began the 2012 season with the Cubs then went to the Rangers at the trade deadline. Boston signed Dempster to a $26.5 million, two-year deal before last season. He will lose half that amount by sitting out this year. "The money was not that much of a difficult decision," he said, but "Im a little sad that I wont be around" his teammates as they try to defend their championship. "There arent too many people who could say that the time is right to walk away from a game that I love, thats treated me so well," Red Sox reliever Craig Breslow said, "and particularly when theres a pretty sizeable amount of money thats being left on the table." General manager Ben Cherington said Dempster told him of the decision about 10 days ago. "It came out of left field," Cherington said. Players didnt find out until Sunday. "At first I didnt really know what to say. It caught me off guard," Napoli said. "Thats how everyone wants to go out, on their own terms." Dempster was praised for his upbeat personality that helped the Red Sox recover from a collapse at the end of the 2012 season and transform the clubhouse into a positive place. Farrell also admired the way he accepted his demotion from the rotation for the post-season. "A consummate team player," Farrell said. While Dempster struggled at times on the field last year, he kept the clubhouse loose. "His comedic value will be sorely missed," Miller said. Dempster pitched just one inning in the World Series, a scoreless ninth in Bostons 8-1 win over St. Louis in Game 1. He ended it by striking out Matt Adams. "If this is the end, then this is the end, and what a great way to go out," Dempster said. Notes: The Red Sox signed right-hander Francisco Cordero to a minor-league contract with an invitation to the major-league camp. A closer for most of his career, he didnt pitch last year after struggling in 2012. In 14 seasons with six teams, he is 47-53 with a 3.38 ERA and 329 saves. ... Miller and the Red Sox agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,903,125, avoiding arbitration. Miller had asked for $2.15 million and had been offered $1.55 million. He made $1,475,000 last year. Boston has no remaining players in arbitration. ' ' '

Cl11234566  
Cl11234566
Date registered 10.23.2019

Tijuana to the CONCACAF
over the past several years

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor