With that guy over there

#1 by jinshuiqian0713 , Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 am

Chris Del Bosco entered this weeks World Cup skicross competitions in France knowing that a podium appearance would probably lock up a spot on the Canadian team for the Winter Olympics. He won gold Thursday in a weather-hampered event at Val Thorens, but he likely needs to do more to book his ticket to Sochi. The race was halted due to high winds and Del Bosco was given the victory based on his qualification results and win in his first heat. However, hell need to return to the podium Friday to really strengthen his chances for inclusion on the Sochi roster. "I definitely felt like I could have kept going, it was kind of frustrating because you want to win by winning the final but it was out of my control," Del Bosco said in a release. "Theres not really any more I could have done. "It was getting down to crunch time and I knew what I needed to do. I needed to podium. Sochi qualification is kind of a grey area. I dont really know how that works — Im going to just regroup here and get ready to give er again tomorrow." The second of back-to-back World Cup events will be held Friday at the same venue. The Olympic qualification window for skicross closes Sunday, so it will be the last chance for Canadians to qualify for nomination. The qualification process is very complicated and there are several freestyle events on tap this week. The selection committee will analyze all the results and data on Sunday and formally announce their decision the next morning. There are 26 spots available in the five disciplines that fall under the freestyle skiing umbrella —skicross, slopestyle, aerials, moguls and halfpipe — and there can be no more than 14 selections from either gender. The committee will look at results from previous years but performances this season have the biggest impact. For Del Bosco, all he can do is try again Friday and hope for the best. The 2011 world champion and X Games gold medallist has struggled of late and now has loads of pressure on him for the stretch drive. The 31-year-old Montreal resident finished second in the test event in Sochi last season but his best result prior to this week was a 15th-place finish in Innichen-San Candido, Italy. His victory Thursday didnt really offer much sway because he only raced one heat. "Chris is probably one of the most interesting and difficult situations," said Canadian Freestyle Ski Association CEO Peter Judge from Park City, Utah. "But certainly hes helping his cause today and hopefully hell get one more good go at it tomorrow and be able to remove all doubt." Sanna Luedi of Switzerland took gold in the womens competition Thursday. Marielle Thompson of Whistler, B.C., was the top Canadian in fourth to retain her hold on the red bib as overall leader. The depth of the national skicross team and the Canadian freestyle team as a whole leaves athletes who are on the bubble in a tough spot. Some very talented competitors arent going to make the cut because Canada is stacked in several events. Del Bosco competed at the 2010 Games in Vancouver, where skicross made its Olympic debut. He made the final heat of four skiers but crashed just before the finish while making a late push to move into a better position. A spokesman for FIS, the sports governing body, said in an email that Del Boscos victory Thursday would be treated just like any other result on the World Cup circuit, regardless of whether the race was cut short due to weather. That gives Del Bosco 100 points and moves him to 11th place in the World Cup standings. Dave Duncan of London, Ont., was seventh. He slipped to second in the mens overall standings, falling behind Andreas Matt of Austria. Tristan Tafel of Canmore, Alta., was 15th on Thursday and Brady Leman of Calgary was 18th. Georgia Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., was sixth in the womens event. Kelsey Serwa, the 2011 world champion from Kelowna, B.C., was seventh in the first qualification round but didnt start her heat. Thompson is the only Canadian who has met the qualification criteria for nomination to the Sochi team. Duncan, Leman and Serwa are considered virtual locks for inclusion. Nike Air Max 270 Triple White Womens . After just two league games in June, Toronto (6-4-1) will go on to play seven in July plus a friendly against Tottenham. Five of those contests are against Eastern Conference opposition, meaning valuable points in the playoff race are on the line. Nike Air Max 270 React Bauhaus Cheap . "I had a pretty good year," the soft-spoken Granberg told TSN.ca with a grin from the teams annual rookie tournament in London. A fourth-round selection in 2010, Granberg is worth keeping an eye on with NHL training camps rolling around in less than a week. The six-foot-two, 200-pound defender may not possess the wow-inspiring theatrics of fellow prospect Morgan Rielly, but nonetheless has a chance to contribute with the Leafs when all is said and done this season. http://www.max270cheap.com/nike-men-s-ai...ao4971-001.html. Sopoaga hit the upright with his first shot at goal from 15 metres. He then kicked nine goals in succession -- two conversions and seven penalties -- before being replaced in the 62nd minute, three points short of the Highlanders record for most points in a match. Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit China . Torres scored the first goal by an English team in the knockout phase of the Champions League this season when he met Cezar Azpilicuetas cutback in the ninth minute of their first leg match in the last 16. But Chelsea failed to make the most of its counterattacks and the Turkish champions equalized in the second half after gaining in confidence and cutting out their defensive mistakes. Air Max 270 Just Do It Black . Berkman almost left the game last off-season before signing with the Texas Rangers. He then had another injury-plagued season and was limited to 73 games.MINNEAPOLIS -- Felix Hernandez stopped another slide for Seattle on Sunday. Hernandez pitched eight strong innings and Robinson Cano had four hits and the Mariners defeated the Minnesota Twins 6-2. The Mariners were winless since King Felixs previous start, but Hernandez (5-1) helped snap their four-game skid by giving up two runs and seven hits while striking out five and walking one. "Its always a confidence builder coming to the park when we know hes pitching. Typically we know that we dont have to put up too many runs to come out with a W," Mariners right fielder Michael Saunders said. Hernandez has been especially tough on the Twins in recent years. In his past four starts against Minnesota, he has pitched 34 innings and allowed three earned runs with 30 strikeouts. "Its the same old story -- really good stuff," Twins left fielder Jason Kubel said of facing Hernandez. "Hes just tough, one of the toughest guys to hit." The Twins, who have won three straight series and six of nine overall, jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the third inning on a rally keyed by a successful replay challenge. With a man on first and nobody out, shortstop Danny Santana hit a dribbler to first baseman Justin Smoak, who flipped the ball to Hernandez covering at first. Santana was ruled out on the play, but replays showed that his foot hit the bag just before the pitcher arrived. Hernandez almost got out of the jam, striking out Brian Dozier and Joe Mauer on two-strike sliders, but Trevor Plouffe scored both runners with a two-out single to right-centre to put Minnesota on top 2-0. "I made one mistake," Hernandez said of his performance on Sunday. "I left that slider a little bit up against Plouffe and he got that hit. It was off the plate, but he put a good swing on it. "I was a little (angry). I did not put a zero on the scoreboard. After that I made better pitches." Meanwhile, after Twins starter Ricky Nolasco (2-4) breezed through the first three innings, the Mariners rallied by going deep in the count aand making Nolasco work the second time through the order.dddddddddddd They got one run back on Kyle Seagers RBI single in the fourth, but they also drove up Nolascos pitch count by making him throw 33 pitches that inning. Nolascos ability to avoid trouble ran out in the fifth. James Jones led off with an infield single, then scored on Michael Saunders triple to right field. Cano followed with a shot off the centre field wall for an RBI double that gave Seattle a 3-2 lead. By the end of the inning, Nolasco had thrown 100 pitches and was done for the day. And Hernandez had all the runs he needed to snap that losing streak. "With that guy over there, you have to play perfect baseball," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "We didnt do that. We gave them a few too many chances, and when you give them chances like that, thats what happens." Saunders added a sacrifice fly in the sixth inning, Justin Smoak had an RBI double in the seventh and Cano scored on a wild pitch in the ninth as the Mariners pulled away. Mariners closer Fernando Rodney worked a scoreless ninth in a non-save situation to cap what Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon called an "ideal" day. "Our starter went eight and we got our closer some much-needed work," McClendon said. "It was perfect." Notes: McClendon said that the team will decide later this week whether 1B/OF Logan Morrison is ready to begin a minor-league rehab assignment. Morrison has missed five weeks with a strained right hamstring. ... Seattle DH Corey Hart left the game in the fourth inning after straining his left hamstring while stealing second base. ... Canos single in the fourth extended his on-base streak to 26 games, the longest in the major leagues this year. ... The Twins will send RHP Kevin Correia (1-5, 6.80) to the mound when they open a two-game series at San Diego on Tuesday. ... The Mariners also have a day off Monday. They will travel to Texas for a two-game set against the Rangers, with RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (2-0, 1.59) starting on Tuesday. ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Date registered 09.10.2019

were going to push, grab,
brother died at age 81 one the

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor