have transmitted during a close play

#1 by Cl11234566 , Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:24 am

ARE, Sweden - Olympic champion Marielle Thompsons pursuit of a second skicross World Cup title will go down to the wire. Thompson, of Whistler, B.C., was fourth in Sundays race while rival Fanny Smith of Switzerland finished first, cutting Thompsons lead in the overall standings to just five points with only next weekends World Cup finals in France left to go. Ophelie David of France was second while Vancouvers Georgia Simmerling was third. "The overall is pretty exciting for both the women and the men," said Thompson, who has 655 points compared to Smiths 650. "In the final, I was leading into the first turn and then Ophelie passed me and I got pushed into the powder and lost all my speed. Thats how she goes sometimes." Simmerling won her first heat Sunday and was second in her quarter- and semifinals to advance to the big final. "It was good today. I had to fight hard and it all came together," Simmerling said. "I messed up my timing on one of the features at the end of the start and I was fourth. Then Marielle (fell back) and the three of us just ended up 1-2-3. "Ive had a pretty consistent year, I would say. Theres one more race to go and Im hoping for a strong result again." Danie Sundquist, of Calgary was third in her first heat and finished 20th overall. Olympic silver medallist Kelsey Serwa, of Kelowna, B.C., did not participate as she took the post-Olympic season off. On the mens side, Austrias Thomas Zangerl finished first while teammate Andreas Matt was second. Armin Niederer of Switzerland picked up the bronze. Mathieu Leduc of Comox, B.C., was the top Canadian, finishing eighth. "It was definitely nice to see I can compete with the top guys," Leduc said. "Im just hoping to establish myself on the World Cup and put my name in there. "Im learning from my mistakes and trying to bank all my experiences and put them to good use." Calgarys Brady Leman and Montreals Chris Del Bosco did not advance past their first heats. Louis-Pierre Helie, of Berthierville, Que., did not finish his qualification run, while Tristan Tafel, of Canmore, Alta., did not qualify for the round of 32 heats. Canada sits second (1,898) behind Switzerland (2,124) in the ski cross Nations Cup standings with one race to go. Fake Air Max Trainers . -- So much for concern that running back Marshawn Lynch would be absent from the Seattle Seahawks minicamp. Air Max 720 Wholesale Uk .C. -- Duke sophomore Rodney Hood is entering the NBA draft. http://www.fakeairmaxukoutlet.com/best-m...s-cheap-uk.html. -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale Uk .C. -- LeBron James called comments on an audio recording of a man identified as Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling "appalling" and said hes not sure if he would suit up for the remainder of the NBA playoffs if he played for the Clippers. Cheap Air Max 90 Uk . - Connor Brown and Dane Fox both scored in regulation and in the shootout, as the Erie Otters extended their win streak to 10 games by defeating the London Knights 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action.KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Major league teams will each have at least five games this spring where managers can challenge plays as part of the major expansion of instant replay which begins this season. Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez is looking forward to getting acquainted with it. "Those five games that we have the actual television, Im challenging everything just to get a feel for it," he said. "Im sure that the umpires will appreciate that." Gonzalez, Houston manager Bo Porter, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus and Nationals manager Matt Williams met with MLB executives Joe Torre and Tony La Russa for almost three hours Friday to go over the replay rules. The new rules allow each manager to challenge one call a game. If he wins the first one, hell earn another challenge. The crew chief can request a review after the seventh inning if the manager has used his challenges. Baseball has been reluctant to use replay and became the last major professional sport in North America to implement it late in the 2008 season. But it was very narrowly used only close home runs could be reviewed. Now almost every call can be contested, with the exception of ball-and-strikes and checked swings. They also wont allow reviews of what is known as the "neighbourhood play" at second base on potential double plays. Gonzalez and Porter both acknowledged that the meeting was rather long, but they didnt mind. "Its historic for our sport," Gonzalez said. "Its never been done so we want to do it right." Porter agreed and said he left the meeting feeling very comfortable with the rules. "It was necessary," he said. "I thought that they did a tremendous job of putting the information together and giving us scenarios. It was long, but it was vvery much needed and very beneficial at the same time.dddddddddddd" The reviews during the regular season will be done by current MLB umpires at the replay centre in MLB.coms office in New York. Gonzalez said there will be eight umpires who will each be responsible for two games at a time. And as for people who worry that this will further slow a game that some people complain already takes too long, Gonzalez doesnt believe that will be the case. "As soon as they see something going on, they can go right to that play," he said. "They feel like theyll have an answer when the umpire comes to the headphones ... and theres no delay." Concerns about managers using replay challenges to buy time to warm-up a pitcher are probably unwarranted, Ausmus said. "It doesnt sound like theres going to be a lot of time," he said. The manager or other team officials in the dugout can talk with someone in the clubhouse watching a live feed of the game with replays available to help determine if the manager should challenge a call. Porter said he and his staff will work on how theyll decide whether to challenge plays all spring, not just in the games where instant replay is used. "Its more of getting into the practice and getting into the language you want to have transmitted during a close play and I think we can simulate it this spring," he said. Though hes certainly going to prepare to use instant replay, Gonzalez is not too sure how much hell actually use it in the season. "If you believe the numbers that they throw at you, we may go four or five games without even throwing a challenge," he said. "I believe, without having any kind of numbers behind it that this is going to show how good our major league umpires are." ' ' '

Cl11234566  
Cl11234566
Date registered 10.23.2019

Several people interviewed told investigators
buying any silver polish just yet

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor