scored on Casey McGehees

#1 by jinshuiqian0713 , Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:13 am

Ocala, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Na Yeon Choi rallied to win the season-opening Coates Golf Championship on Saturday, but that didnt stop Lydia Ko from becoming the No. 1 player in the world. Choi carded a 4-under 68 to end the championship at 16-under-par 272, winning for the eighth time on the LPGA Tour and first time since 2012. I think I was so nervous out there, said Choi. Ive been waiting for this moment for so long. I played the front nine so well, but I think I was a little nervous. Im very honored to win for the first time in a long time. Ko made a costly double-bogey on the 17th hole to fall out of the lead. She scrambled for par at the last and closed with a 1-under 71, tied for second place at minus-15 with Jessica Korda (66) and Ha Na Jang (70). Despite the loss, the 17-year-old Ko will top the womens world rankings on Monday, making her the youngest golfer, male or female, to become the No. 1 player in the world. Obviously, it was a tough finish, but I played some really solid golf and there is a lot to take from this week, Ko said. Its just a huge honor to be world No. 1. Amy Yang also posted a 71 in the final round at Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Club. She ended alone in fifth at 10-under-par 278. Alison Walshe (66) took sixth at 9-under 279, while Brittany Lang (70) ended alone in seventh at minus-8. Stacy Lewis, who also could have taken over the No. 1 ranking with a win this week, stumbled to a 3-over 75 to end at 7-under 281, tied with Sun Young Yoo (69) and So Yeon Ryu (72) in eighth place. Ko opened the round with a pair of birdies to push four strokes clear of the field, and it looked as though she would cruise to the title. She rolled in a birdie try from the fringe on No. 5 to stay two clear of Choi, who had caught fire, pouring in three straight birdies from the third to jump to minus-15. Choi inched closer to Ko with another birdie at No. 7 and Ko stumbled to a bogey at the eighth to slip into a share of the lead at 16-under. However, Choi bogeyed the ninth to give Ko the lead again and Ko ran off six straight pars from the ninth to stay at minus-16. Choi birdied the 12th to join Ko in the lead. At the 14th, Choi stuffed her approach to a foot and kicked it in for birdie and a 1-shot advantage. A two-shot swing at the 15th gave Ko the lead again. She poured in a long birdie putt from well over 50 feet before Choi missed a 6-footer for birdie. Choi also missed her par putt from about four feet, and just like that, she was one back. The 17th proved to be the difference. Choi was in the left trees, but had a shot. She missed the green to the right with her second. Ko was in the right fairway bunker and had to fade her ball around some trees. Kos second hit a tree and ricocheted into the woods. She pitched her third back to the fairway, then saw her fourth spin off the green and into the rough. She got up and down for double-bogey, which dropped her one back as Choi saved her par from off the green. Both players made par at the last as Choi walked off with the title. I was really nervous, especially on 17. I had a little spike mark in my line. I couldnt do anything about it, so I just trusted my line and it went in, said Choi. Jang, who played with Choi and Ko in the final round, bogeyed the first, but jumped within one of the lead with four birdies in a 5-hole span from the third. Like Ko, Jang bogeyed the eighth to stay one back. After eight straight pars from the ninth, Jang bogeyed No. 17, but she came right back with a birdie at the last to share second in her first official tour start. Korda had five birdies in the first 11 holes to move to 14-under. She parred six in a row from the 12th, then reached the green at the par-5 18th in two shots. Kordas eagle effort at the last rolled over the left edge and she tapped in for birdie, settling for a tie for second. NOTES: Choi earned $225,000 for the win. Her last victory came at the 2012 CME Group Titleholders ... Ko is four years younger than Tiger Woods was when he ascended to the top spot in the mens world rankings ... The tour heads to the Bahamas next week, where Korda will defend her title at the Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 . As they are wont to do, the Spurs made things real easy. The Spurs signed Parker to a multi-year contract extension on Friday, ensuring that the six-time All-Star point guard will be in the fold whether Duncan and Ginobili are able to continue their careers or not. Fake Nike Air Max 90 .com) - Intrastate rivals collide Saturday as the Texas State Bobcats hit the road to take on the eighth-ranked Texas Longhorns in a non-conference battle at Frank Erwin Center. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/.com) - Former FBI director Robert Mueller said his investigation found no evidence that the NFL saw the elevator video of Ray Rice striking his then-fiancee before the tape was released in September. Nike Air Max 90 From China . As for regular Olympic spectators, theyre being warned that most travel insurance policies wont cover acts of terrorism or war. The Games in southern Russia, which run from Feb. 7-23, are being staged amid unprecedented security and under global warnings of danger. Clearance Nike Air Max 90 . -- LeGarrette Blount wasnt satisfied with three short touchdown runs, not against a team coming off the second greatest comeback in playoff history.CHICAGO -- A couple of weeks ago, Jeff Samardzija was a symbol of the Chicago Cubs struggles when he was winless despite leading the major leagues in ERA. Now Samardzija has his second win in three starts for a team trying to turn around its season. Samardzija tossed seven solid innings, Junior Lake hit two home runs and Emilio Bonifacio added a two-run shot as the Cubs extended their winning streak to five with a 5-2 victory over the Miami Marlins on Saturday. "The best thing as a starting pitcher you can have is consistency -- that every time you go out there your coach and your teammates know what youre going to give them," Samardzija said. "Thats what I want to do." Saturday certainly was a start. Samardzija (2-5) allowed two runs and five hits in seven innings, striking out eight. Pedro Strop got his second save. Except for his last outing -- eight runs in three innings at Milwaukee last Sunday -- Samardzija has put up similar numbers all season. The Cubs, though, would always come up short in one phase of the game during his outings, whether it was offence or defence. During the winning streak, consistent all-around production has been the norm. "I think everybodys contributing in some shape or form," Chicago manager Rick Renteria said. "Junior adding two solo homers there, those are big runs, obviously. There are a lot of different things, a lot of little things. Theyre just playing the game." Christian Yelich went 2 for 4 with a homer for the Marlins and opened the scoring in the third inning with a solo shot to make it 1-0. "It was a good swing," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He keeps battling. He gives you good at-bats. Hes got power. You see it in there. Its just really just a matter of consistency for him. He keeps having good at-bats. Even though his average is probably not where he would want it, or everyone else would want it, I know hes going to give me a good at-bat." The Cubs wentt in front in the bottom half of the inning when Samardzija singled and Bonifacio hammered a 3-2 pitch from Miami starter Randy Wolf (1-2) into the left-field bleachers for a 2-1 lead.dddddddddddd. It was Bonifacios first homer since July 30 last season. "That was great," Samardzija said. "I got to jog around the bases instead of having to score from first." The Cubs stretched the lead to 3-1 in the fifth when Lake hit a long homer into the shrubbery in centre field, connecting with a 79 mph changeup on a 2-1 count. Miami got to 3-2 in the sixth inning when Giancarlo Stanton doubled with one out, moved to third on a wild pitch and scored on Casey McGehees groundout to first base. The Cubs got a run back in the bottom half when Starlin Castro led off with a double, advanced to third on a fly out and scored when Wolf threw a wild pitch with Mike Olt at the plate. Lake bumped the lead to 5-2 an inning later when he went deep for the second time in the game -- the second multihomer game of his career -- on a line drive to left against reliever Chris Hatcher. "I really love how were playing right now as a team in all phases," Samardzija said. "To win big league ballgames you have to have all three or four phases of the game. "I love the way were swinging it right now, and, as a pitcher, it gives you a lot of confidence to go out and pound the zone." NOTES: Cubs LHP Zac Rosscup (left shoulder soreness) began his rehab assignment with Class AAA Iowa Saturday. He has been on the disabled list since May 10. ... Redmond said C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (concussion) has not participated in baseball activities since being hit on his catching mask by a foul tip on May 31 and that it was likely he would be sent to the 15-day disabled list. ... RHP Jake Arrieta (1-1, 3.00 ERA) will face RHP Henderson Alvarez (3-3, 2.62) Sunday in the finale of the three-game series. Alvarezs three wins are all shutouts. ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Date registered 09.10.2019

manager Don Mattingly.
I tried to compete (and

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor