eak of 25-point games i

#1 by gf1234566 , Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:27 am

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis backup goalie Brian Elliott may not enjoy his limited role. He sure knows how to make the most of it. Elliott made 34 saves in only his fifth start of the season and the Blues got goals from six players in their third straight win, a 6-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. St. Louis (16-3-3) has won five of six and is off to the fastest start in franchise history. Dallas had its six-game road winning streak snapped. St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock recorded his 621st win, moving him into sole possession of eighth place in career wins. Vladimir Sobotka, Vladimir Tarasenko, David Backes, Derek Roy, Chris Stewart and T.J. Oshie scored for the Blues, who have won six of their last seven against the Stars. Elliott, the backup to Jaroslav Halak, stopped the final 27 shots in improving 4-0-1. He has a 1.79 goals-against average and a .932 save percentage. "You always want to be in there and fight for the guys and be part of it," Elliott said. "(Halak) is playing well and I want to play well so we can move this train forward." Elliott made numerous key saves, especially in the first period when the game was close. He robbed Valeri Nichushkin from close range and also stopped Antoine Roussel on a breakaway in the second period. "He was absolutely tremendous," St. Louis defenceman Alex Pietrangelo said. Dallas coach Lindy Ruff agreed, "He made the saves that kept them in the game." Brenden Dillon scored for Dallas, which fell to 8-6 on the road. Elliott says the key to his success as a backup comes from his mental preparation. "You just trust in your game and everything else will take care of itself," he said. "When you dont get a lot of opportunities, its hard to get in that peak performance state. I think it just comes with experience and a lot of patience." Tarasenko put the Blues ahead to stay with his eighth goal of the season at 11:02 of the first period, just 9 seconds after the Stars had tied it 1-all. Backes pushed the lead to 3-1 by converting on a two-on-one. Backes, using Jaden Schwartz as a screen, held the puck before beating goalie Kari Lehtonen, who was pulled in the third period after allowing five goals on 18 shots. The Blues balanced four-line attack did a good job taking advantage of limited opportunities. St. Louis had 25 shots on goal. "Through the whole lineup everybody was solid," Oshie said. "When we can go at them in waves, I think thats when were at our best." The Stars were coming off a season-high 43 shots in a 3-2 loss to the New York Rangers. They managed to create numerous opportunities on Saturday, but could not solve Elliott. "It might be the most misleading 6-1 game Ive ever been in," Ruff said. "For the most part, we outskated them and in a lot of areas we outworked them." Lehtonen took full blame for the loss, "I had a bad night," he said. "I feel bad for the guys. They tried hard." Sobotka scored 1:39 into the game for his 100th career point. St. Louis RW Ryan Reaves broke his right hand in a first-period fight with Dillon and will be out up to four weeks. NOTES: This was first of five meetings between the new Central Division rivals. ... Dallas LW Ray Whitney missed his fifth successive game with a groin injury. ... Stars C Cody Eakin played in his 100th game. ... St. Louis is 11-2-1 in its last 14 contests. ... Blues LW Brenden Morrow, who spent 13 seasons with Dallas, picked up an assist on Stewarts goal and now has a point against every NHL team. Cheap Air Max For Sale . Millsap will miss Wednesday nights game against the Chicago Bulls. The Hawks say Millsap also will be held out on Thursday at Boston. Clearance Air Max . And on Sunday against the Houston Astros they were pleased to see his work finally pay off with his first win since May 24. https://www.airmaxchina.us/. -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. Cheap Authentic Air Max .C. Lions signed cornerback Dante Marsh to a contract extension on Friay and released receiver Paris Jackson. Air Max Outlet . Halak did not get the start in the Washington Capitals Tuesday night game against the St. LOS ANGELES -- From Jodie Meeks big day to the final result, this was definitely a surprise. Meeks scored 24 of his career-high 42 points in the second half, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat Oklahoma City 114-110 on Sunday despite a triple-double by Thunder star Kevin Durant. Pau Gasol added 20 points and 11 rebounds for the injury-ravaged Lakers, who had lost 29 of their previous 37 games. Meeks was 11 of 18 from the field and 14 for 14 at the line while becoming the third player to reach the 30-point mark this season for last-place Los Angeles (22-42). "The most important thing is that we keep going out there and fighting and not giving up," Meeks said. "The season isnt going the way that we planned, but we still have 18 games left. So well play them hard and see what happens." Meeks is averaging 19.2 points in 11 games since returning from a sprained right ankle. Before the injury, he was averaging 14.4. "He got on fire," coach Mike DAntoni said. "He has really improved his game. Defensively, he was out of sight on Russell Westbrook the whole time. He put out a lot of energy in this game, but he has been doing that on a pretty consistent basis. Jodie has been our most consistent performer. Its really fun to watch someone get better." Durant had 27 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists for his third triple-double this season. Serge Ibaka had 21 points and 15 boards for Oklahoma City. The Thunder (46-17) began the day in a three-way tie with San Antonio and Indiana for the NBAs best record. The Pacers played at Dallas on Sunday night and the Spurs were idle. "We lost. In some games, someone will have 40 points on you that is not supposed to have 40," Durant said. "We pressure hard so high out on the pick-and-roll that it opened everything up, and they exploited it. They were hitting the pocket passes and going through the lane to get the ball to their shooters. But that is how we play, so we have to figure out how to make second and third efforts." After giving up an average of 136 points over their previous three games while losing to New Orleans, the Clippers and Denver, the Lakers trailed the Thunder by as many as 18 in the second quarter before taking their first lead on a pair of free throws by Meeks that made it 71-70 with 4:35 left in the third. "I was trying to get my teammates involved, and they did a greeat job finding me in transition and in some set plays.dddddddddddd So I give credit to those guys for helping me out with a big game," Meeks said. "Being in a rhythm like that is fun, but getting a win is also fun. That was most important thing. We were down 18, so I was trying to do anything I could to help the team get back in the game." The Thunder are 3-5 since beating the Lakers 107-103 at Staples Center on Feb. 13 behind 43 points by Durant, who is vying for his fourth scoring title in five seasons. The Lakers took a 12-point lead into the fourth quarter and increased it to 95-77 on Jordan Farmars 3-pointer with 9:42 remaining. Durant then fueled a 20-7 run with 10 points and former Laker Derek Fisher capper the rally with back-to-back 3s 24 seconds apart, pulling the Thunder to 102-97 with 4:36 to play. Russell Westbrook, who had 20 points, seven rebounds and eight assists for the Thunder, narrowed the gap to 110-107 on a driving dunk with 57.3 seconds on the clock. But he missed everything on another 3-point try 24 seconds later and newly acquired Kent Bazemore helped put it away with a driving layup -- two of his seven points in the final 2:02. Westbrook finished 7 for 23 from the field and tied a season worst with eight turnovers. "We need to have a sense of urgency, knowing that teams are coming at us every night," Westbrook said. "I missed some shots, but I do not think the game is all about shooting." NOTES: Nick Young had 31 points for Los Angeles in an overtime loss at Chicago on Jan. 20, and Farmar scored a career-high 30 on Feb. 28 in a home win against Sacramento. ... Durant has scored 25 or more points in 28 consecutive games -- one shy of his career-best streak, which occurred in 2009-10. No other NBA player has had a longer streak of 25-point games in the last 25 years. ... Fisher, second on the Lakers career list for 3-pointers behind Kobe Bryant, shot 51.3 per cent (39 for 76) from behind the arc in his previous 22 games before going 2 for 4 Sunday. ... This was the first game of the Lakers home-and-home set against Oklahoma City, which will be followed by a home-and-home set against the Spurs. ... Lakers point guard Kendall Marshall played 27 scoreless minutes -- the fifth time in eight games that he has failed to score. ... The Lakers have trailed after three quarters in 47 of their 64 games. ' ' '

gf1234566  
gf1234566
Date registered 10.23.2019

a pizza party for her class w
ey Barton was dismissed, but United was cr

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor