Timberwolves played the

#1 by Cl11234566 , Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:45 am

MARANA, Ariz. -- Jason Day of Australia and Victor Dubuisson of France reached the 18-hole final of the Match Play Championship on Sunday. Day, a semifinalist last year, led from the start in a 3-and-2 victory over Rickie Fowler. Dubuisson became the fourth player to reach the championship match on his debut in the 15 years after this World Golf Championship began in 1999. He had to take down Ernie Els in the most compelling match of the morning on Dove Mountain. Els, trying to reach the final for the first time, went 3 up through four holes and was on the verge of stretching his lead until the 23-year-old Frenchman halved the hole with a tough par putt at No. 7. Dubuisson won four of the next five holes to take the lead, only for the 44-year-old Els to battle back. Els made a 20-foot birdie putt on the 16th to square the match, and they headed to the 18th hole. Dubuisson hit to the back fringe, while Els came up short with a 6-iron into the breeze and found a bunker. He blasted out to just outside 12 feet, and narrowly missed the par putt to extend the match. Dubuisson said he didnt sleep well Saturday night and didnt feel well when he arrived at the golf course, perhaps because "I realized I was in the semifinal of the World Golf Championship against Ernie Els." "Im a big fan of Ernie, so I have always been watching him winning majors," he said. "I knew I had to play my best golf. Its what I did." Dubuisson is the first player since Geoff Ogilvy in 2006 to reach the final match in his first time playing this event. Ogilvy went on to win the title. It was a big blow to Els, who badly pulled an 8-iron far left of the flag on the 17th, losing a chance to put pressure on Dubuisson, and then came up short on the 18th. "Its tough to take," said the four-time major champion. Day won the opening hole with a birdie and never looked back, though Fowler didnt give in. Day was 3 up through 11 holes when he missed a 6-foot par putt on the 12th and Fowler made birdie on the 13th to cut the deficit to one hole. The turning point came at the 15th, when Fowler missed far enough left with his drive that he had no shot at getting close. He hit a flop shot strong that went over the green, hit another strong pitch and missed the par putt. Fowler had a chance to go 1 down on the 16th with a tee shot into 6 feet. But he missed the birdie putt, and then missed the 4-footer coming back for par to end the match. "The start of the season, thats all Im trying to do is win," said Day, with only one PGA Tour victory in his career. "I felt like I had a really good chance at maybe having a shot at winning this week and Im definitely in the final now and Im really looking for to it." A. J. Cole Indians Jersey . Ferrer was unable to find his rhythm in losing 6-4, 6-2 to Teymuraz Gabashvili in his opening match while Nadal struggled past fellow Spanish player Albert Ramos 7-6 (2), 6-4. Nadal eventually overcame his 103rd-ranked opponent to reach the third round, rebounding from a surprise loss to Ferrer in the Monte Carlo Masters quarterfinals. Mike Freeman Indians Jersey .com) - The Grand Slam season will get underway Monday at the Australian Open in Melbourne, where a new champion will be crowned this year. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/3228u...-indians.html.Y. -- In a span of three days, Shabazz Napier and Connecticut knocked out both Philadelphia schools in the NCAA tournament. Jason Kipnis Indians Jersey . -- Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season. Yu Chang Jersey . -- Desperate to stop Tom Bradys latest comeback bid, the Miami Dolphins sought help from a reserve safety making his NFL debut after being signed Tuesday off the San Francisco 49ers practice squad.MONTREAL - After a successful NBA pre-season, the Toronto Raptors are now turning their focus on to next weeks season opener.Toronto capped off a league-best 7-1 pre-season with an 83-80 victory over the New York Knicks in a tight contest Friday night at the Bell Centre.The game was held in Montreal as part of the 2014 NBA Canada series.The intensity was up, said Lou Williams, who had 12 points for Toronto including a crucial jump shot in the games final minute. Everybody was focused tonight. We really felt like this was a tune-up game going into Wednesday against Atlanta.The Raptors open their regular season Oct. 29 versus the Hawks at Air Canada Centre, where Toronto will play nine of its first 12 games of the year.Although pre-season records arent always indicative of how a team will fare when the games actually matter last years championship-winning San Antonio Spurs went 2-4 in pre-season the Raptors are feeling confident heading into the regular season.Were a team thats going to compete, and thats going to be hungry, said Kyle Lowry, who scored 12 points against the Knicks, including six from the free-throw line. Were going to go out there every night and making sure were doing our job.With the Knicks ahead 78-77 with less than a minute to play, Williams drained a jump shot to put Toronto in the lead for good. A key giveaway by New Yorks Shane Larkin with eight seconds remaining in the game sealed the victory for the Raptors.It was a tight contest throughout, with 17 lead changes. With the Raptors in front by six to start the fourth quarter, New York slowly clawed at Torontos lead, coming to within two points with 10 minutes remaining in the game. The Knicks tied it up 68-68 with seven minutes on the clock.New York (3-4) then answered Torontos seven-point run with five consecutive points of their own, which set up the pivotal basket by Williams with 1:04 on the clock.The effort tonight was where we want it to be, said Knicks head coach Derek Fisher. But we need to focus on our attention to detail. We let it go in the third quarter. We got frustrated with the ball not going in our offensive end, and our defense got really poor.A Raptors victory looked unlikely early on.Carmelo Anthony, who finished with 24 points for the Knicks, was unstoppable to start the game. The forward set the tone with an early three-pointer his first of three in the game. Anthony finished the first quarter shooting five-for-eight from the field for a game-high 14 points.The score was tied 24-24 after one.It was a close contest for much of the first half with 12 lead changes and no team taking more than a three-point lead until late in the second quarter.TThats when the Knicks starting pulling away.dddddddddddd With four minutes remaining in the half, a tip-in shot by Canadian Samuel Dalembert gave Fishers men a 38-34 lead. New York went to the dressing room with an eight-point advantage at halftime, with Dalembert sitting on a team-high nine rebounds.The Knicks centre, one of only 14 Canadians in the NBA, got the start for New York. Born in Haiti, Dalembert moved to Montreal when he was 14 years old. The six-foot-11 centre, who was drafted by the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round in 2001, finished the game with two points and 10 rebounds in 18 minutes of play.Im ecstatic to be back here, with all my friends and family, he said. Who knows, maybe Ill be back next year?When the starters were announced, the crowd met Dalemberts name with a huge roar.I loved it, said the 33-year-old, who was traded to the Knicks from the Dallas Mavericks this summer. It was a great game. The crowd was into it. They were screaming all the time, clapping for both teams they had a great time, they had fun.Down eight at the half, an inspired Raptors team took the court in the third quarter, scoring 17 unanswered points. A couple of commanding, crowd-pleasing slam dunks by DeMar DeRozan and eight points by Jonas Valanciunas led Toronto to a 57-48 lead, their biggest of the game at that point.I dont think we wanted to lose, said Williams, trying to explain the halftime turnaround. When we play teams in our division or conference, we want to get things going now, and create an identity for ourselves. Down the stretch, we just didnt want to lose that game.Added Lowry: We just picked it up. We understood what our flaws were, and we made adjustments.DeRozan ended the game with 15 points, and Valanciunas added another 13. Veteran centre Amare Stoudemire had 11 points and six rebounds for the Knicks.The inaugural edition of the Canada Series in 2012 saw the Raptors beat the Knicks at the Bell Centre and the Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Detroit Pistons in Winnipeg. Last year, the Timberwolves played the Boston Celtics in Montreal, a game in which Toronto-born rookie forward Kelly Olynyk scored four points.The Knicks get their regular season underway against the Chicago Bulls at home at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 29.Notes: Prior to the match, fans at the Bell Centre observed a moment of silence to honour Corporal Nathan Cirillo and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent. In attendance at the game were NBA legends Dikembe Mutombo and Muggsy Bogues, and Montreal mayor Denis Coderre. Montreal is the only Canadian city to host four Raptor pre-season matches. There were 20,738 in attendance at the Bell Centre. ' ' '

Cl11234566  
Cl11234566
Date registered 10.23.2019

single in an extra end
taking over for the fired

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor