He got a concussio

#1 by jinshuiqian0713 , Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:45 am

Veteran skip Kevin Koe already has one world title and two national titles on his resume. His next mission is to qualify for the Winter Olympics and hes assembling a new team to try to make it happen. Koe plans to leave the rink he guided to victory at the Tim Hortons Brier for a new lineup that will include Marc Kennedy at third, Ben Hebert at lead and Brent Laing at second. Its an experienced all-star crew that will have its eye on qualification for the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea. "It was not an easy decision," Koe told The Canadian Press from Calgary. "But I felt the timing was good personally for me -- just with the next Olympic cycle coming up -- to make a change." News of the change broke last month before the team departed for the world championship in China. The moves werent formally announced until the Canadian Curling Association issued a news release Tuesday. Koe and his Calgary-based team of third Pat Simmons, second Carter Rycroft and lead Nolan Thiessen settled for a disappointing fourth-place finish last weekend in Beijing. Theyll play their last event together as a foursome at the April 15-20 Grand Slam Players Championship in Summerside, P.E.I. Koe discussed his plans with his teammates last month after they won the Brier in Kamloops, B.C. He admitted it was a "difficult conversation," but doesnt think it affected their play overseas. "I think the guys would say the same thing," Koe said. "If anything, we wanted to win a world championship for each other that much more." The period right after an Olympic Games is always an interesting one on the curling scene. Not everyone is necessarily keen to make another four-year commitment for a variety of factors, including age, jobs and family commitments. Some teams are locked in and ready for the next quadrennial while other players need to move quickly to position themselves before potential vacancies are filled. Qualification events for the 2017 Canadian Curling Trials wont be far off once the new season begins so teams will want to find their rhythm as soon as possible. "I think its more a function of just the way curling has gone," Koe said. "Most years curling changes happen now after an Olympic year. Thats just the nature of the beast I guess. Teams get together to make that big run. "It was no disrespect to the guys. I dont think teams can stay together forever. Our team wasnt going to be staying together with Carter slowing down. So those are just some of the reasons that went into my decision." Rycroft, whose wife is pregnant, had originally planned to take time next season off. However, Thiessen said that plan would be modified so they can enter the 2014 Canada Cup, the 2015 World Financial Group Continental Cup and be the first Team Canada in the history of the Brier. Simmons, Rycroft and Thiessen will name their new skip at a later date. "Teams just kind of run their course," Thiessen said from Edmonton. "We probably -- even though we won the Brier this year -- we were starting to get towards the line of maybe running its course. Kevin had a great opportunity. Thats a great team that hes setting up. "Everyones got to do whats best for them and thats what he did. He went and (will) play with those guys and I mean, who wouldnt? Its three great players that he went to play with." Koe won his other national title and lone world title in 2010 with Rycroft, Thiessen and Blake MacDonald. Simmons later replaced MacDonald but the core of the team spent eight years together. The team members said they will remain good friends, adding next weeks competition will be emotional for all involved. Kennedy and Hebert won Olympic gold at the 2010 Games in Vancouver with skip Kevin Martin, who supported the lineup change. Martin has said he plans to decide on his curling future by the end of June. Laing won world titles with veteran Ontario skip Glenn Howard in 2007 and 2012. "At the end of day with everything else considered, it was just too great of an opportunity to turn down for me," Laing said from Barrie, Ont. Howard wasnt available for comment. Hes expected to name Laings replacement in the coming weeks. Wholesale LeBron James Shoes .Lets go back to the Avs, who have become one of the funnest teams to watch in this years playoffs. LeBron James Shoes Outlet . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. https://www.cheapshoeslebronjames.com/.com) - The Chicago White Sox have officially announced that the club has agreed to terms with utilityman Emilio Bonifacio on a one-year, $4 million contract that includes a team option for the 2016 season. Cheap LeBron James Shoes .C. -- When Michael Jordan speaks, people still listen. LeBron James Shoes For Sale . "If we only consider this season," Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini said, "there is just one club in Manchester -- and its ours.CINCINNATI - Andy Dalton knows that its mostly on him.Dalton has played poorly in the Bengals three straight playoff losses, a main factor in extending their post-season futility. Cincinnati hasnt won a playoff game since the 1990 season, which ties for the sixth-longest such stretch in NFL history.Although hes gotten his team to the playoffs in each of his four seasons, Daltons legacy so far is more about how hes fallen apart in the biggest games. Hell have another chance to change his reputation on Sunday when the Bengals (10-5-1) play at Indianapolis (11-5).Winning in general is how quarterbacks are judged, Dalton said on Wednesday. If you win a lot in the regular season but you havent won a lot in the post-season, then theyre going to say that you couldnt do something.Theres always going to be something that you havent done or couldnt do, he said. Thats just the nature of it.During the regular season, Dalton has been as good as anyone in Bengals history. Hes won 63 per cent of his games, the best by a Bengals quarterback. He and Baltimores Joe Flacco are the only quarterbacks to lead their teams to the playoffs in each of their first four seasons during the Super Bowl era.Flacco won a Super Bowl. Dalton has yet to win anything in the post-season. During two losses in Houston and one last season at home against San Diego, Dalton has thrown for one touchdown and six interceptions, leaving him with a post-season passer rating of 56.2.Dalton is one loss shy of tying Warren Moon for most consecutive opening-round defeats by a starting quarterback.Dalton was virtually mistake-free during the Bengals 3-0 start this season. During the last five games, hes thrown seven interceptions and had a game-turning fumble on a handoff.As Ive said, this is still a process, offensive co-ordinator Hue Jackson said. I think hes done some really good things; I think there are some plays he wishes he had back.But hes a seasoned, veeteran player whos been in this situation before and now its time to come out on the other side of it, Jackson added.dddddddddddd So he understands the environment were going into, he understands all the elements that are laid before him I think our whole team does.The Bengals had their worst offensive showing of the season at Indianapolis on Oct. 19, failing to cross midfield until the fourth quarter during a 27-0 loss, their first shutout in five years. With receiver A.J. Green sidelined by an injured right big toe, Dalton completed only 18 of 38 for 126 yards and was sacked three times.Its unclear whether Green will be available for the rematch. He got a concussion during a loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday night and was held out of practice on Wednesday. He has to pass concussion tests before he can practice or play.Daltons teammates have tried to take some of the focus off the quarterbacks post-season failures by sharing the blame.All of us have lost together, left tackle Andrew Whitworth said on Wednesday. The truth of the matter is, its not a negative to be in the playoffs every year. Thats a positive. Its just the negative is not taking advantage of the opportunity.So it means youve done a lot to get there every single year, he said. Now lets take advantage of that opportunity, and thats whats great about the playoffs.NOTES: Tight end Jermaine Gresham also sat out practice on Wednesday with a sore back. ... With wind chills well below freezing, the Bengals took buses to the University of Cincinnatis covered practice field. They dont have one of their own. ... The Bengals put receiver Dane Sanzenbacher on injured reserve with a concussion and promoted receiver Cobi Hamilton from the practice squad. Hamilton was with the Bengals in the preseason, spent three games with Philadelphia, and rejoined Cincinnatis practice squad.___Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Date registered 09.10.2019

98 (Grunwald) Inheritin
with my performance."

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor