provides the transition

#1 by wangz10 , Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 am

OTTAWA -- The moment Corey Chamblin first started thinking about becoming a CFL head coach came while he was breaking down game film with Jim Barker years ago when the two were with the Calgary Stampeders. They were watching tape during the 2008 Grey Cup when Barker, himself a former coach, was then Calgarys senior vice-president of football operations and player-personnel director. Barker turned to the young assistant and made what Chamblin thought at the time was a terribly bold prediction. "He said, Youll be a better head coach than an assistant coach, and if you dont decide to go to the NFL and you stay in this league, youll definitely be a head coach," Chamblin recalls. "And I was like, Jim, youre crazy. " But Barkers words were prophetic. On Wednesday, Chamblin was named the CFLs coach of the year. The 36-year-old received the Annis Stukus Trophy after leading the Saskatchewan Roughriders to a Grey Cup win on home turf in only his second season with the club. The Riders finished second in the West Division standings with an 11-7 record. They defeated B.C. 29-25 in the conference semifinal before upsetting first-place Calgary -- which posted a league-best 14-4 record -- in the West Division final 35-13. That victory earned Saskatchewan home-field advantage for the Grey Cup game, which was held at Mosaic Stadium. Before a rabid gathering of 44,710, the Riders didnt disappoint, capping their season with an impressive 45-23 victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Kent Austin, Hamiltons head coach/GM, and John Hufnagel, who also holds the same dual post with Calgary, were the award finalists. In his first season with Hamilton, Austin led the Ticats to second in the East Division with a 10-8 record before the club posted playoff wins over Montreal and Toronto. Austin was named the CFLs top coach in 07 after leading the Riders to a Grey Cup title. Hufnagel, who won the award in 2008, worked with Chamblin in Calgary. He said he saw in Chamblin many of the traits that have allowed him to make the transition from a position coach into a winning head coach. "He was very organized but he also had an eye out for the entire program, not just the defensive backs," Hufnagel said. "His vision was far-reaching. "He wanted to put a program together to help make the players transition, once they did make the roster, in finding homes in Calgary and all the type of things that provides the transition, makes it easier for the players. So early on, I knew Corey did have a vision of more than just what was his particular area." Chamblin bounced around the NFL until 2004 before embarking on his coaching career. The native of Birmingham, Ala., played defensive back at Tennessee Tech. After being bypassed in the NFL draft, he signed as a free agent with the Baltimore Ravens in 1999 but was waived before seeing any regular-season action. Chamblin then signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars. He also spent time in Green Bay, Tampa Bay and Indianapolis and played in Germany with the Rhein Fire of the former NFL Europe. His first coaching gig came in 2006 as an assistant at Tennessees Cumberland University. He got his first CFL job a year later as a defensive backs coach with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Chamblin moved to Calgary and spent three seasons as the Stampeders defensive backs coach -- winning the Grey Cup in 2008 -- before becoming Hamiltons defensive co-ordinator in 2011. The following season, he landed his first head-coaching job with the Roughriders. Chamblin credits Barker, currently the GM of the Toronto Argonauts, with inspiring him to become a head coach. "It was one of those things where I was like, Yeah, Jim, I dont know why youre saying this and I dont believe you. Right now, Im a defensive backs coach, " Chamblin said. "But I took that, and I think that was something that opened my eyes, that you know what, I should start preparing myself, and I did and I got it pretty soon." Yeezy Boost 700 Sale Bestellen . -- Catriona Matthew remained atop the Airbus LPGA Classic leaderboard Friday, birdieing four of the last seven holes to take a one-stroke advantage over Charley Hull into the weekend. Yeezy Schuhe Bestellen . But the young forward is more than willing to shed a little blood if thats what it takes to make the team this season. "It caught me pretty good, dazed me for that shift, but I didnt want to be off the ice for too long," he said after practice, his lip still bleeding a little despite the plastic stitches holding it together. http://www.yeezyschuhe.de/. He was 26. Edwards, the Supercup Championship leader, was in the passenger seat as an instructor for a private training session at Queensland Raceway at Willowbank, outside Brisbane, Porsche Motorsport said. Adidas Schuhe Grosshandel Deutschland . Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Yeezy Schuhe Günstig Amazon .A. Happ? Happs seven wins are second on the staff to Mark Buehrles 10. Win-loss record is an antiquated stat, sure, but win total is generally an indication of a pitchers ability to work deep into games, enough to be personally affected by the result.BOISBRIAND, Que. -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. The Boisbriand, Que., native got the start in net in her hometown on Thursday night, where the Canadian womens hockey team defeated the United States 6-3 in pre-Olympic action. "Its incredible," said Labonte. "I couldnt have asked for more. To bring the Canadian team here against the Americans a I knew people would answer the call. We immediately felt their support. "I couldnt have asked for anything better. It was worthy of Boisbriand." Labonte allowed three goals on 24 shots on the night. The game was the second of six encounters between the teams before the start of the Olympic Games in Sochi in February. The Canadians took the first game -- last Saturday in Burlington, Vt. -- 3-2. The game ended in brawl when a U.S. player ran into Canadian goaltender Shannon Szabados late in the third period. Veteran captain Hayley Wickenheiser, whos been a member of Canadas womens team since 1994 when she was only 15 years old, scored two goals on the night. Wickenheiser believed her team responded well to early pressure by the Americans. "We came out really strong and we had a great start and a lot of energy," said Wickenheiser. "They tried to take some physical liberties early on and they got away with a few things early in the game. But then we came back and we just played a pretty physical game." Wickenheiser, who is contemplating retirement at the end of the Sochi Games, is currently at the heart of a captaincy debate. Canadas head coach Dan Church has yet to decide if Wickenheiser will don the "C" in Russia. Church is also considering Jayne Hefford or Caroline Ouellette for the captains title. "Hayleys one of our leaders," said Church. "We decideed in the first part of the season to grow our leadership within the team.dddddddddddd Thats important. We need a team full of more leaders as we move towards Sochi. "Its all part of the master plan as we move through the next few months." Rebecca Johnston, who also scored twice on the night, opened the high-scoring affair with her first goal of this exhibition series at 8:59 of the first period. Haley Irwin started the play, patiently holding the puck for several seconds in the American zone before firing on net. Johnston jumped on the rebound. "I was at the right place at the right time," said Johnston. "It kind of popped out right at me and I just shot it quickly." Wickenheiser doubled the Canadians lead less than a minute later while playing short handed. Brianna Decker got one back for the Americans before the Canadian captain put her second of the game past a helpless Jessie Vetter on a 5-on-3 power play. Johnston scored her second of the game, the eventual game-winner, early in the second period. Johnston was behind the net when she scored, banking a pass off a defenders skate and into the net. Ouellette also scored mid-way through the second period to put the Canadians up 5-1. Jocelyne Lamoureux and Kendall Coyne scored consolation goals for the U.S., before Heffords back-handed goal quelled any attempt at a comeback at 15:47 of the third period. Vetter, who started in net for the Americans, made 10 saves in the first period. She was replaced by Molly Schaus, who stopped seven of 10 shots she faced. U.S.A. outshot Canada 24-23 overall. Canada is the three-time defending Olympic champion. Two of those victories, in 2002 and 2010, came against the Americans. Canada and the U.S. face off again in pre-Olympic action on Dec. 12 in Calgary. ' ' '

wangz10  
wangz10
Date registered 09.16.2019

drinking water everyday to stay away from mind dehydrat
Although Oakland

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor