viewed and factored-in Backes actions

#1 by jinshuiqian0713 , Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 am

MADRID, Spain -- Roger Federer withdrew from the Madrid Open on Tuesday to welcome the birth of his second set of twins. Federer said on his webpage early Tuesday he was pulling out of the tournament "to be with my wife Mirka during these next few exciting weeks for our family." The fourth-ranked Swiss player, who already has twins, said he would "rejoin the tour soon." Later, Federer tweeted: "Mirka and I are so incredibly happy to share that Leo and Lenny were born this evening! .TwinsAgain .Miracle" Federer and his wife Mirka are already parents to twin daughters. Federer had said last month he was prepared to skip tournaments to be with his wife when she gave birth. The 32-year-old Federer did not specify if he would return for the Rome Masters next week, with the French Open beginning on May 25. Federer, a three-time winner in Madrid, hasnt missed a Grand Slam tournament since 2000. Federers 28-5 record on the season is the ATPs best, with the former No. 1 having won a title in Dubai. Polish player Lukasz Kubot took Federers place in the Madrid draw, and will face Gilles Simon of France in a second-round match. Second-ranked Novak Djokovic also withdrew from Madrid because of a long-term wrist injury. Jonathan Huberdeau Jersey . Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday. MacKenzie Weegar Panthers Jersey . -- Hal Steinbrenner says Alex Rodriguez is "a great player" and "obviously an asset," but the New York Yankees managing general partner wouldnt discuss the third basemans possible return to the team following a season-long suspension. http://www.hockeypanthersofficialonline....-hockey-jersey/. Sopoaga hit the upright with his first shot at goal from 15 metres. He then kicked nine goals in succession -- two conversions and seven penalties -- before being replaced in the 62nd minute, three points short of the Highlanders record for most points in a match. Frank Vatrano Jersey . Bryant underwent an operation in December to correct an irregular heartbeat. His season ended with four games left because of a rapid heartbeat, a condition he has known about for several years and had been treated for in the past. Ian McCoshen Jersey . By then it was clear: The 76ers were going to win for the first time in two months, and they were going to do it with ease. The 76ers snapped their NBA record-tying, 26-game losing streak, routing the Detroit Pistons 123-98 on Saturday night to avoid establishing the longest skid in U.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hello Kerry, Im writing about the call on David Backes dislodging the net with 50 seconds left in the Montreal-St. Louis game to give Tomas Plekanec a penalty shot. I feel it was incorrect as it looked like Backes was almost falling backwards as he was trying to backcheck. What would you have called in that situation? Chris SchellenbachKirkwood, MO --- Hi Kerry, In Tuesdays Montreal-St. Louis game, the Canadien player Douglas Murray had the puck behind the net and the St. Louis player David Backes delivered a hit which forced a turnover for an Alex Steen goal. How was that not a cross-checking penalty? Grant Brodie Chris and Grant: Thanks to both of you for submitting a question from the St. Louis Blues shootout win over the Montreal Canadiens broadcast on TSN Tuesday night. Chris, the penalty shot called by rookie referee Darcy Burchell when David Backes dislodged the net from the moorings with just 48.9 seconds remaining and the score tied was not only a real gutsy call but the correct one. I concede your point, Chris, that David Backes did have momentum moving backwards after he cleared the rebound from outside the goal crease that resulted from Jaroslav Halaks save off the stick of Tomas Plekanec. Backes slipped past the pad of Halak and continued on his backward path through the goal crease. There was no effort made by Backes to initiate a stop or avoid making contact with the net. Knowing that contact with the goal was imminent, David Backes placed his hand and elbow on the crossbar in a reasonable effort to protect himself. Thats as much leeway as I can offer the Blues captain to this point oof the play.dddddddddddd The instant that David Backes made a slight hip-check move, which dislodged the post from its moorings, a delay of game penalty was warranted. While I give young referee Darcy Burchell full marks for making the correct call, the rookie seemed a little hesitant to signal the penalty shot once he blew his whistle to kill the play. I can appreciate the many things that would have been going through Burchells mind as he viewed and factored-in Backes actions when the net was dislodged. Once his decision was made, I would suggest the young man should be more emphatic with his signal to demonstrate his certainty and to help sell the call. It is also important to note that any Habs player that was on the ice at the time of the infraction could have been designated to take the penalty shot. This is clearly spelled out in rule 24.3; "In cases where a penalty shot has been awarded to a player specifically fouled, that player shall be designated by the referee to take the penalty shot. *In all other cases where a penalty shot has been awarded, the penalty shot shall be taken by a player selected by the Captain of the non-offending team from the players on the ice at the time when the foul was committed." I offer kudos to Darcy Burchell for demonstrating the courage to make a tough call given the score and the time in the game. Thats what we expect from the refs, isnt it hockey fans? The answer to your question, Grant, is that the "push/shove" that David Backes utilized on the back of Habs defenceman Douglas Murray and forced a turnover of the puck is deemed to be legal strength checking move. If you look closely on the replay, you will notice that Backes two gloves make the primary contact with Murrays back and the shove motion is not regarded as a cross-check. ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Date registered 09.10.2019

probably the most important thing for
continue at the top of the TSN.ca

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor