Great to be around. Loved by his

#1 by jinshuiqian0713 , Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:14 am

CHICAGO -- Jake Arrieta took the ball for the Chicago Cubs and picked up right where he left off. He threw his fastball where he wanted it to go. His breaking stuff had good late movement. The Cincinnati Reds finally had to put him on base to get him out of the game. Arrieta retired his first 18 batters and struck out nine in seven impressive innings, leading Chicago to a 7-3 victory over Cincinnati on Tuesday night. "He was commanding his pitches," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "His pitches had life." Arrieta (4-1) struck out eight during his perfect start, including the side in the sixth. He had a leadoff walk in the bottom half and came around to score when Homer Bailey (7-4) hit Starlin Castro with the bases loaded. That little trip around the bases proved costly. Rookie Billy Hamilton started the seventh with a single up the middle for Cincinnatis first baserunner. "I was pretty gassed there, unfortunately," Arrieta said. "Pretty humid night. Long inning there in the sixth. Running the bases, which really isnt all that tough in itself, but you couple that with being on the mound and having that long layoff, it adds a little bit to it." Arrieta allowed two runs and three hits while improving to 3-0 with a 1.14 ERA in five June starts. It was his first win of the season at Wrigley Field, where he has yielded three runs in 23 innings over four starts. "Really its just kind of going through the process that I feel like gives me the best chance to have success," he said, "and going through it day by day and sticking with it." Anthony Rizzo belted a solo homer for the second straight night for the Cubs, who snapped a three-game losing streak. Welington Castillo drove in two runs, including a sacrifice fly in Chicagos three-run eighth. Devin Mesoraco homered for the fifth straight game for Cincinnati, matching a franchise record. Mesoracos 14th homer came with one out in the ninth against Neil Ramirez. "It was late in the game. All the other homers were to help the team win, and important, big homers," he said. "They actually meant a lot. That one didnt really help us come back, so it doesnt mean as much." Mesoraco also had an RBI single in the seventh and scored on Jay Bruces double before Arrieta struck out Ryan Ludwick to complete his masterful night against one of the majors hottest lineups. Cincinnati had won three straight and nine of 12, averaging 6.7 runs and 10.2 hits per game in that stretch. The Cubs used four relievers to get through the eighth, and Ramirez finished Chicagos 12th win in 42 games against Cincinnati over the last three seasons. The Reds had runners at first and second in the eighth when third baseman Mike Olt made a nice diving stop on Todd Fraziers grounder for the final out of the inning. The start of the game was delayed 53 minutes by rain, but the pitchers adjusted quite nicely to the late start. Bailey retired his first 11 batters, striking out five. But Rizzo drove the first pitch he saw in the fourth inning into the basket in right-centre for the first of his three hits and his 17th homer this season. Castillo added a run-scoring double in the fifth, and the Cubs chased Bailey while scoring two more in the sixth. Nate Schierholtz had a sacrifice fly for the first of his two RBIs. Bailey allowed four hits, struck out six and walked two in his first loss at Wrigley since he pitched 5 1-3 innings in his first career appearance at the cozy neighbourhood ballpark on Sept. 13, 2009. The right-hander began the day with a 5-1 record and a 2.56 ERA in seven road starts against the Cubs. "Just bad pitch execution in the last inning or two," Bailey said. "That was probably the only thing I saw." NOTES: Hamilton extended his career-best hitting streak to 12 games. ... Cubs OF Emilio Bonifacio (rib injury) is working out, but has yet to resume baseball activities. "Hes improving," Renteria said. ... Reds RHP Mat Latos (0-0, 3.86 ERA) and Cubs RHP Edwin Jackson (5-7, 5.12 ERA) pitch in the series finale Wednesday. Max Scharping Youth Jersey .com) - The Oakland Athletics needed to rely on a lot of young pitchers to win an American League West title this season. Kahale Warring Youth Jersey . You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal or on TSN.ca/Montreal. Also, TSN.ca features live streaming of the post-game news conferences from the Bell Centre. The Rangers grabbed a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference Final after Sundays 3-2 overtime victory against the visiting Habs. http://www.officialhoustontexanspro.com/...-texans-jersey/. Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. Lonnie Johnson Womens Jersey . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. Justin Reid Texans Jersey . After deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the league would consider pulling out of Sochi if something "significant" happens before players arrive, those set to participate are trying not to worry about that scenario.SANTA CLARA, Calif. - For weeks, Frank Gore has been pondering the reality he could be playing his final game with San Francisco on Sunday.He briefly became quiet Tuesday just talking about it, saying he would like nothing more than to return to the 49ers next season, his only team as a pro. Especially after the way this year went, missing the playoffs following three straight trips to the NFC championship game and a Super Bowl near miss.Ive been thinking about it these last two weeks very hard, Gore said Tuesday in a short interview with The Associated Press. Im OK. I was just thinking about, Dang, it really can be.But I know the business of it. The organization has been great, theyve been great to me. I just want to finish strong in front of my fans. Hopefully we can get a win, and Ill see from there.San Franciscos all-time leading rusher needs 38 yards Sunday against Arizona for his fourth consecutive 1,000-yard season and eighth in his 10 NFL seasons. The Niners (7-8) need to beat the Cardinals to avoid their first losing season under embattled fourth-year coach Jim Harbaugh.The University of Michigan on Tuesday posted a birthday greeting and photo of Harbaugh via Twitter as he turned 51. His alma mater is a suitor for his services, with unconfirmed reports over the past week the university has already made a six-year offer.Gore, who has voiced support of Harbaugh, finished with 158 yards against the Chargers after breaking four tackles on the 52-yard scoring run in the first quarter. Hes showing no signs of being slowed after the concussion sustained at Seattle on Dec. 14.I expect a lot out of Frank and theres not too much he does that amazes me anymore because thats just the standard hes set for himself, quarterback Colin Kaepernick said. Hes a huge asset and Im hoping hes back here. Feel a lot more comfortable with 21 in the backfield.Gore said there have been no formal discussions with the front office about what might be next. General manager Trent Baalke on Thursday acknnowledged the mutual interest to CSN Bay Area and said the 49ers hope Gore returns.ddddddddddddHopefully Ill be back, Gore said. The organization, they love me and they respect me. I want to be back, yeah, hey, I was raised here. I dont know nothing else.The running back doesnt even know who the coach will be come 2015, so that person would likely have a say. Harbaugh has kept quiet throughout the speculation about his future.I respect that. Thats hard, man, thats hard to do. He still came to work every day, worked hard and tried to win, Gore said. Hes a great coach. I just feel like its hard to come in this league and do what he did.Harbaugh has praised Gore for his handling of a difficult season and a year in which his workload has been less than what hes accustomed to or desires.Hes an unwavering professional in everything that he does. Great to be around. Loved by his teammates and coaches. Hes a joy to be around every day, Harbaugh said. Boy, hes the most or as motivated as any player Ive ever been around to play the game. I think back to 2011 when he had the ankle injury and we were playing against the Eagles. He really wasnt able to walk on it all week and then went out and rushed for over a hundred yards. Its special.At 31, when people questioned whether Gore could still run like an elite NFL back, he arrived at training camp and said he was ready to prove wrong all the critics.Now, theres some unfinished business with the 49ers before he leaves, such as turning things around again in 2015 and getting back to the Super Bowl and winning this time.Its been tough. You look at the last three years, weve been the top dogs of the NFL. This year has been very tough for us. Thats stressful, Gore said. Thats my goal. When you play this game that should be your goal. We got there and we didnt finish. I know weve got the people to do it. This year was a crazy year, too many injuries and just a lot.___Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713
Date registered 09.10.2019

at the hands of the Tigers
Samardzija and Jason Hammel from

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor